Privacy Statement Ons Erfdeel vzw
Ons Erfdeel vzw attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data and respect for your privacy.
This privacy statement aims to give you clear and transparent information about the data we collect and how we handle personal data. We do everything in our power to guarantee your privacy, therefore we treat your personal data with the utmost care. Ons Erfdeel vzw always complies with the relevant laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Directive 2016/679).
This means that in all cases:
• we process your personal data in accordance with the purposes for which it was provided; these purposes and the type of personal data is described in this privacy statement;
• processing of your personal data is limited to only the minimum information necessary for the purposes for which it is processed;
• we request your express consent when it is needed for the processing of your personal data;
• we have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to guarantee the protection of your personal data;
• we do not pass on your personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the data was provided;
• we are aware of your rights concerning your personal data; we want to draw your attention to your rights and we will respect them.
As Ons Erfdeel vzw, we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If, after reading our privacy statement, or in a more general sense, you have any questions or wish to contact us, you can do so using the following contact details:
Ons Erfdeel vzw
+32(0)56 41 12 01
For Whom is This Privacy Statement Intended?
This privacy statement applies to all our present and former subscribers, anyone who participates or has participated in our activities, anyone who shows or has shown interest in our activities, services or products, as well as our customers, prospects and suppliers.
What Personal Data Do We Process and Why?
Your personal data is processed by Ons Erfdeel vzw for the following purposes and legal reasons:
• the administration of subscriptions and services to subscribers and purchasers of our publications (implementation of an agreement);
• sending information about our activities and publications, newsletters and invitations (legitimate interest).
In so far as the processing of personal data is based on consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time.
For the above mentioned purposes we may request and/or process the following personal data:
• personal identity data: last name, first name, address
• private contact details: telephone number, email address
• identity data issued by the government: identity card number
• national registration number
• personal characteristics: date of birth, place of birth, gender, nationality
• financial details (including bank account number, payments, etc.)
• attendance at activities organised by Ons Erfdeel vzw.
We collect only personal data that you yourself transmit to us in various ways (including registration forms, contact and other forms on our website, personal/telephone/email contact, etc). We do not collect personal data through third parties.
We use the data collected exclusively for the purposes for which the data was obtained.
Provision or Withholding of Data by You
If applicable, the abovementioned data must be provided if you wish to take a subscription or to participate in activities organised by the association. Exceptions to this are:
• images (for public relations)
• contact details (for direct marketing)
The consequences of withholding this data are that targeted photos of you will not be published and you will not receive unwanted marketing emails.
Transmission of Personal Data to Third Parties-Processors
We may transmit the data that you give us to third parties if this is necessary for the purposes described above.
We use a third party (external service provider) for the following services:
• storing and processing data in the Cloud (via a Cloud Service Provider);
• the internet environment (web hosting, mail hosting, etc.);
• IT infrastructure (including the IT network, servers, etc.);
• payroll and personnel administration services;
• the production and diffusion of physical and digital magazines, books, newsletters and invitations.
We never pass on personal data to external service providers (processors) unless we have concluded a processing agreement with them and these same stipulations regarding data protection are included in the terms and conditions of the contract.
Obviously, we make the necessary agreements with external service providers (processors) to safeguard your personal data.
Transmission to third parties – recipients
We share personal data with the external parties listed below:
• an external server on which your data is stored and/or external organisations (incl. Mailchimp) with which your data is also stored;
• partners with which we organise activities developed by two or more organisations (incl. co-productions), for which lists of participants are exchanged;
• government services, including subsidising bodies, fiscal administrations, social security authorities, etc.
Obviously, we make the necessary agreements with these parties to guarantee the protection of your personal data and to ensure that your data is handled confidentially.
Apart from these, we will not transmit data you have provided to other third parties, unless such transmission is legally required and permitted.
We never sell or rent out your personal data to third parties.
We never pass on your contact details to third parties for commercial purposes.
We may share your personal data with other third parties if you give us written consent to do so. You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time.
We do not transmit personal data to parties established outside the European Economic Area.
Cookies are small files that are sent with a website and that store the user’s personal settings for that website on the surfer’s device. The website of Ons Erfdeel vzw contains cookies to keep track of the language of the user and to be able to identify the user when he or she creates a shopping basket. In addition, the social plugins of Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter add their own cookies. Google Analytics, which allows us to monitor visits to our website, also generates cookies on our website.
Ons Erfdeel vzw retains personal data for no longer than necessary for the achievement of the purpose for which that data was provided, taking into account the period necessary for compliance with any legal requirements (including accounting requirements). Retention periods may vary depending on the purpose for which the data was collected.
We have taken the appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful access, use, loss, disclosure, destruction, alteration, processing, etc.
For example, we have taken the following measures:
• any person who has access to your data on behalf of Ons Erfdeel vzw is bound by confidentiality concerning your data;
• we implement a username and password policy on all our systems;
• we use a virus scan, which we update systematically and punctually, and we have installed a firewall;
• we systematically back-up all personal data so as to be able to recover it in the event of physical or technical incidents;
• our employees have been informed of the importance of personal data protection;
• these employees are given access to your data to the extent that they need this information to perform their jobs properly.
In the unlikely event that an incident occurs involving your data, you will be personally notified as specified by the law.
Your rights regarding your data
You are entitled to inspect and copy any personal data pertaining to you.
You are entitled to correct and to add to your data if it is incorrect or incomplete.
You are entitled to the deletion (destruction) of any personal data we have received from you that is no longer strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was processed. However, we reserve the right to decide whether your request is justified.
You are entitled to limit the processing of your data: if you object to the processing of certain data you may ask for this processing to stop.
Furthermore, you may contest (oppose) the way in which some of your personal data is processed. For example, you are entitled to oppose the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (by using the unsubscribe links in emails).
You are also entitled to have the data you provided transferred to you or straight to another party at your behest.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at the address at the top of this privacy statement, including a motivation for your request.
We may ask you to prove your identity before we can comply with the aforementioned request.
No category of person is ever subjected to any form whatsoever of automated decision-making or profiling.
Should you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data or about the exercise of your rights, we request that you contact us directly with your complaint/request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are always entitled to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for the protection of privacy:
Belgian Data Protection Authority (DPA)
Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
Ons Erfdeel vzw may modify its privacy statement at any time. Any changes will be announced on our website. The most recent change was made on 2 July 2018.
Ons Erfdeel vzw has attempted to identify all rightful owners related to (photo) material on this website. Anyone who believes that their material has been used here without prior permission is requested to contact us at email@example.com.